[Total: 4 Average: 4.5/5]
Giving thru-hikers a better way to resupply, by providing a smart and convenient method for obtaining a variety of quality goods.
Source: ZDR :: Welcome
I endeavor to help those interested in thru-hiking accomplish their goals by providing them with both savings and ease of resupply. In my travels I have found that dealing with the logistics of long distance detracts from an otherwise carefree and joyful adventure. Worrying about finding what you will need in small town stores or whether you will find a store at all can be frustrating. I have lived off overpriced gas station food before. I would prefer not to again.
FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50.00
Source: Sonora Pass Resupply
Phone: (209) 852-9815
Business Hours: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. PST
Confirmation of actual resupply date can be done 24 hours a day by leaving a message, or by email.
Pickup can only be done between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. PST. This cannot be adjusted as this is a condition of the special use permit.
Sonora Pass Resupply
3285 Grillo Drive
Coulterville, Ca. 95311
I just found out about this app like a day ago. Never used it but have heard some great things about it on facebook It looked like to me that this app is like Guthooks but free. Please let me know how it works for you. I can’t wait for the iphone version to come out!
Source: HikerBot – Android Apps on Google Play
HikerBot is a crowd-sourced guidebook and navigation app for long-distance hikers that fully works even in airplane mode.
A variety of trail data sources exists whether in paper form or on-line. However, trail data ages quickly and becomes obsolete. HikerBot is designed to be the most up-to-date data source – since anyone can submit new data and make edits, right from the trail! These updates are propagated to other users immediately (when there is cell or wifi signal), or queued until a connection is available. Latest reports on water sources, snow conditions, restaurant reviews, photos, anything you’d want to know from hikers ahead … are all automatically synced to your phone.
What can you do with HikerBot?
– Download high-resolution USGS topo maps.
– Latest GPS trail tracks and waypoints are synced automatically.
– Navigate using a moving map.
– You can update waypoint names, coordinates, descriptions, add photos and field reports, all in airplane mode.
– You can rate photos and comments – highest rated content automatically surfaces to the top.
– If you choose, automatically share your location with other hikers (once an hour to once a day), with an optional time delay (an hour to one day) and random position error (up to a mile). Let others follow your hike but keep your privacy on the trail!
– See a real-time feed of all activity in the app
The following trails are supported: Pacific Crest Trail (PCT), Appalachian Trail (AT), Continental Divide Trail (CDT), John Muir Trail (JMT), Sierra High Route (SHR), Wonderland Trail (WT), Great Divide Mountain Bike Route (GDMBR), Continental Divide Singletrack Trail (CDST).
Source: Halfmile’s PCT – Android Apps on Google Play
Halfmile’s PCT is a companion smartphone app for Halfmile’s Paciﬁc Crest Trail printed maps to aid navigation on the Pacific Crest Trail. The app uses your smartphone GPS to determine your exact location, if you are on the PCT or one of its side trails, and it calculates distances to over 3,000 PCT landmarks. The app also calculates elevation gains and losses to landmarks. Halfmile’s PCT app is available for both iPhone and Android smartphones. The app does not contain maps of the Pacific Crest Trail — think of it as a very accurate, location aware, digital PCT Data Book.Other features of the app include:
* Works without cell phone service
* Download and Go — no extra configuration or data needed
* Simulation mode for hike planning and hiker support
* Provides specific “how to walk there” instructions for all points
* Calculates cumulative elevation gains and losses to all points
* Powerful search function for features like water sources, campsites, and resupply locations
* Calculates which printed map pages contain your location
* Matches the data and calculations of the iPhone edition exactlyThe Pacific Crest Trail is a 2,650 mile National Scenic Trail that
runs from Mexico to Canada through California, Oregon and Washington.