Buy Here on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2iQl6Qm
- Reduces the likelihood that bears will enter your camp by minimizing food odors and helps restrict access to your food
- Meets U.S. Forest Service specifications for use in national parks & areas requiring food storage
- Bear-resistant, 432 cubic inch container (8.5” x 8.5” x 10”). Weighs 35 oz. when empty
- The lid is easily secured by three-stainless steel locks via a coin or screwdriver which prevents bears from having access to your food
- Bears are unable to grip the smooth sides and rounded edges and cannot open this bear-resistant food storage container
Buy Here on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2iQqSBL
- Material: Transparent polycarbonate
- Volume: 700 cu in 11.5 L
- Dimensions: 8.7 x 12.7 in, 21 x 32 cm
- Claimed Weight: 2 lb 9 oz, 1160 g
- Recommended Use: Storing supplies/food in bear country
Gear: We are including just gear we have personal experience with, and like.
REI – we get most of our backpack stuff there, and would like to get it all there. REI is gradually getting on the ultralight backpacking revolution that has been happening in gear, but we still have to do some shopping on the net.
Based on my conversations with other backpackers over the last few years, ultralight backpacking is becoming widely accepted. Most people know of Ray Jardine, Golite, etc., and are adding more and more ultralight backpacking components to their gear.
Gear on Amazon or REI
You can now get a lot of top quality backpacking gear on Amazon, usually through their marketplace vendors. REI specializes in outdoor gear. If you know what you want, you can help support this site by buying through the Amazon or REI link. Type in golite on Amazon and you will get about 80 hits, or type in tent, then select by manufacturer, etc.
Backpack45 Gear – covers ultralight backpacking, packs by Golite and GVPGear, tarps, bear containers and more.