[Total: 2 Average: 2.5/5]
Buy Here on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2l8cpBt
- Hubbed pole intersections create a single pole for quick setup, allowing free-standing support and minimizing pole weight
- True tub floor construction reduces seam construction and seam tape, increasing the longevity of the tent
- Triangulated volumizing guyouts increase interior space by up to 15% using included volumizing clips
- Inner tent has a built-in privacy panel for extended coverage and security
- 2 large side doors make entry/exit and access to your gear easier, and provides more coverage in the rain
I found this long distance trail list on wikipedia today Looks like a long list of trails in the United States! Wow had now idea there were so many trails in the US! Hundy Check them out thru this link: Source: Long-distance trails in the United States – Wikipedia
Buy Here on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2jtSjRX
- STRONG AND DURABLE: Proprietary double rip-stop pattern nylon is 20% stronger providing maximum durability. Fly and floor feature a unique proprietary random rip-stop pattern nylon which increases fabric tear strength by 25%.
- EXTRA STORAGE: Featuring four interior mesh pockets and eight superlight aluminum J stakes Gear loft loops. Media pockets located above the sleeping area enable clean earbud cord routing from phones or other devices.
- EASY TO USE AND ENJOY: Ultralight plastic clips attach tent body to pole frame for a quick and intuitive set up.
- WATERPROOF FEATURES: All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape.
- THE MOTHER OF COMFORT: The outdoors aren’t just where we get away, it’s where our stories are made. Based in the Colorado Rockies, Big Agnes creates innovative solutions that help you get outside, go further into the backcountry, all while being fun and comfortable.
Ziggy & The Bear
I’m sorry to relay that Ziggy & The Bear have moved and posted a new mailing address for postcards.
They also posted this to their site:
Please do not visit the house or trouble the neighbors.
There should be faucet water where the trail hits Snow Canyon Rd (mile 205.7) if the Water District hasn’t grown tired of hiker litter and vandalization.
There should also be water from the traditionally hiker-friendly folks at Mesa Wind Farm just off the trail (mile 213.4).
Not much to see here in San Gorgonio Pass except sand and windmills. Transportation along I-10 is not only tricky but often unsafe. We recommend hiking straight through from Idyllwild to Big Bear City (74 miles)… that said, HYOH!
Source: Whitewater Trail House | Ziggy & The Bear
Source: Halfmile’s PCT – Android Apps on Google Play
Halfmile’s PCT is a companion smartphone app for Halfmile’s Paciﬁc Crest Trail printed maps to aid navigation on the Pacific Crest Trail. The app uses your smartphone GPS to determine your exact location, if you are on the PCT or one of its side trails, and it calculates distances to over 3,000 PCT landmarks. The app also calculates elevation gains and losses to landmarks. Halfmile’s PCT app is available for both iPhone and Android smartphones. The app does not contain maps of the Pacific Crest Trail — think of it as a very accurate, location aware, digital PCT Data Book.Other features of the app include:
* Works without cell phone service
* Download and Go — no extra configuration or data needed
* Simulation mode for hike planning and hiker support
* Provides specific “how to walk there” instructions for all points
* Calculates cumulative elevation gains and losses to all points
* Powerful search function for features like water sources, campsites, and resupply locations
* Calculates which printed map pages contain your location
* Matches the data and calculations of the iPhone edition exactlyThe Pacific Crest Trail is a 2,650 mile National Scenic Trail that
runs from Mexico to Canada through California, Oregon and Washington.
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Guthook’s Pacific Crest Trail Guide. Download Guthook’s Pacific Crest Trail Guide and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Source: Guthook’s Pacific Crest Trail Guide on the App Store
- Dual Zipper design allows bag to open completely
- Continuous Baffle Construction
- 3 dimensional down filled draft tube
- Insulated Hood with adjustable draw closure
- 850 + fill power premium goose down
- 12 denier ripstop nylon outer shell fabric with 15 denier nylon taffeta lining
Source: TerraLite | Western Mountaineering
Buy Here on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2iX2uRv
The Appalachian Trail, Step by Step provides valuable information you will need to plan and prepare for a Thru or long distance section hike on the AT. Whether you have questions about gear, food, transportation, trail guides, et cetera, this book will help paint a clearer picture of what it takes to set out on a long distance backpacking trip.
Buy Here on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2i5vYuR
Elizabeth Wenk’s authoritative guide describes the 212-mile John Muir Trail, running from Yosemite Valley to the summit of Mt. Whitney. John Muir Trail provides all the necessary planning information, including up-to-date details on wilderness and permit regulations, food resupplies, trailhead amenities, and travel from nearby cities. Useful essentials are updated GPS coordinates and maps for prominent campsites (along with an updated list of sites along the trail), trail junctions, bear boxes, and other points of interest. The trail descriptions also include natural and human history to provide a workout for both body and mind — a must-have for any Muir Trail enthusiast. Note that the text includes the southbound trail description, while the full guide with the northbound description is available as a separate ebook product.
Buy Here on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2iQl6Qm
- Reduces the likelihood that bears will enter your camp by minimizing food odors and helps restrict access to your food
- Meets U.S. Forest Service specifications for use in national parks & areas requiring food storage
- Bear-resistant, 432 cubic inch container (8.5” x 8.5” x 10”). Weighs 35 oz. when empty
- The lid is easily secured by three-stainless steel locks via a coin or screwdriver which prevents bears from having access to your food
- Bears are unable to grip the smooth sides and rounded edges and cannot open this bear-resistant food storage container